Creating Hope Society is seeking a Program Assistant (PA) for their Let’s Speak Cree program.
The Let’s Speak Cree program hosts weekly Powwow Practices and Youth Cree Classes twice a week. The Program Assistant will assist the Program Coordinator with the delivery of programs and other tasks required to successfully facilitate programs
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cook dinners for LSC Cree Classes
- Access to a food safe kitchen and to transport meals for the LSC program
- Track food expenses and create a monthly food budget for the program
- Assist in Program Coordinator in planning some community events
- Assist Program Coordinator to set-up for powwow practices
- Occasionally assist in facilitation of relevant cultural activities
- Willingness to help Elder’s (if needed) during program ceremonies
- Provide monthly reports and assist in development of the Final Report
- Regular communication with the Program Coordinator & Executive Director
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Create, build, and maintain community ties/connections
- Post Secondary education or 3 years experience in Indigenous Language Instruction, Cultural work, or Youth work
- Excellent Organizational, Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Willingness to learn and open-minded
- Ability to manage time appropriately and effectively prioritize duties
- Availability to work evenings
- Knowledge on Traditional Arts an Asset (Beading/Sewing etc.)
- Prior Facilitation Experience an Asset
- Knowledge of the Cree Language/Culture an Asset
- Ability to prepare dinner for small group of people
- Food Safety Ticket an Asset
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Must have reliable transportation, current valid Alberta Driver’s License, and 2 million insurance and liability coverage.
- Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector, & Child Welfare Intervention Check required.